19 Apr 2016

IDBC 82

it is the time of the week where I share a card  I made for the challenge at inspiration destination blogspot   using a beautiful image from east wind designs called kimono girl mon armour  Please check their images out, they are so pretty.

I coloured the girl with my copic markers on to white card cut out of a faux stitching die. This time I remembered to cut the image out before coloring, in case things went wrong with the cutting I would not have to start all over again.

For those living in France the best card I have found for coloring with copic markers is DCP from clairefontaine which is a laser printer paper. It exists in different weights from 80 grs to 250 grs.

The background paper is a paper I bought years ago while travelling in british columbia from a lady who had a stamping shop in her house in the mddle of nowhere. Those were the days when stamp shops were not really that popular. Things have changed now.

I try to keep my colouring to three colors, find it is less confusing to the eye. This was black, red and white themed ,OK white is not a colour, but you get what I mean, Hope you like it, I do......  I think I might even keep this one and frame it.

5 comments:

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card Joanne xx

Michelle said...

Very beautifull. DCP paper can you also buy in Holland.
Michelle (DT sister)

Anne said...

Beautifully coloured image and very chic layout and background paper. I love those faux stitched dies, they add such an extra lift but I thought they only came in American paper sizes? Well done on another superb card! Bravo!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card! I love your image and great colouring too!
Thanks for your nice comment on my doggy calendar page - you'd asked if I'd used a stamp for the dates, but I've hand written it (always a bit scary as usually I can't write in a straight line LOL)

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love how you colored this beautiful stamp. You have some fabulous cards on your blog. Your coloring is fabulous. I have never thought about how many colors I use on a stamp. I took a look through my cards and I see that I usually use three colors also! So, you have taught me something new today! LOL! I am also your latest follower! (By e-mail) Have a great week-end!